My sole aim in life is to go anywhere prepared like a General for war, which is why in my school days I carried at least 3-5 bags full of books, water bottles and what not. I was (and always am) deathly paranoid that I will leave something behind and when the time comes I wont have it at hand.
And so, even though over the years I have considerably lightened my bag and reduced the number to one (very begrudgingly), it is not what you would call “an average university-goer” bag pack.
My bag is a LAVIE bag with a capacity of 40L and it is still bursting with the stuff I carry. So if you are curious what I may need on a daily basis, here’s a list.
- Ring binder/ notebook to write down notes.
- Bare acts as per the subject being taught
- My planner/ bullet journal or both
- A separate college folder to carry A4 sheets, any xerox I may need, prospectus and syllabus of our college
- A rough copy for random doodling.
- My pouch
(I have three but I carry only one to my university)
- Black and blue pens – At least three of each
- Pencils – both mechanical (size 2mm and 0.5mm) and non-mechanical
- Pen drive
- Pen knife (Don’t ask why)
- Mini notepad
- Highlighter – earlier four, but since one pouch died due to overloading reduced to two
- Tissue set – not for me, but for a crying soul (and if I happen to be just in the area. Its been 4 years and I haven’t had the chance to use it.)
- Sanitary napkins – always be prepared.
- Stole/ Scarf – to tie on face when I go out in the sun/ dust (in addition to the dupatta I already use)
- Laptop (it weighs 2.1kg and I skip it some days because my back hates me when I make it feel like a donkey lugging around an already heavy bag pack)
- A book to read if I feel bored
- Water bottle
- Rags (to clean, India is a dusty place, I am always wiping or scrubbing)
- Bindi (I wear it on a daily basis)
- Hair band/ clip (I have pixie haircut, I don’t need it but I carry it for the other girls)
- Safety pin (for wardrobe malfunctions)
- Camera – mine is Nikon Coolpix A300 great for macro/ landscape/ pet photography
- First Aid
Kit – (again, for others and seldom for
- Disprin for head aches
- Boroline or equivalent for bruises or wounds
- Divya Dhara or for sinus or insect bites
- Paracetmol for high fever
- Band-aid + Cotton for immediate treatment of wounds
- Pen (I have a hoarding problem)
- Photographs (Passport)
- Cards (seldom)
- Library card
- Driving license (in the event I need to prove my identity)
- Money (I am always broke so never have much on hand)
And that’s it folks!
Let me know what you carry in your bags!